Acidity refers to the excess production of acid by the stomach, which causes burning pain in the upper abdomen and chest. The stomach secretes a particular amount of acid that helps to break down the food eaten, thereby making it essential for the digestion process. When the gastric glands in the stomach produce more acid than what is required for the digestion, this gives rise to Acidity.
Why does one get Acidity?
Acidity is a general consequence of several lifestyle habits such as:
- Unhealthy & Irregular Eating Habits and Unbalanced Diet.
- Lack of Physical Activity.
- Burning pain or discomfort in the upper abdomen or chest.
- Bloating of stomach.
- A sour/bitter tasting acid backing up into your mouth/throat.
- Continuous Burping or Hiccups.
Have you observed these symptoms? If so, we are here to help you!